Surprisingly, tonight’s main entree was NOT found on Pinterest! That’s a first…
I love McAlister’s Country Potato Soup… actually, love is an understatement. I’m not usually a soup fan, but this particular one is so incredibly fantastic that it doesn’t have to be cold outside for me to want some! The recipe below is a very close copycat.
Here it is in all its glory…
Now… here’s how to make it!
Country Potato Soup
3 lb. bag of red potatoes
23 oz. carton chicken broth
Dried, minced onions (or fresh chopped onion)
Salt and pepper
2 cups Half and Half
Grated Cheddar Cheese
1. Wash and cut up the entire bag of red potatoes and put in a crock pot. I left the skins on for extra nutrients.
2. Sprinkle with the onion (dried or fresh).
3. Add salt and pepper.
4. Pour in all 23 oz. of the chicken broth.
5. Cook on low for 8 hours.
6. Once 8 hours is up, mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
7. Add the half and half, stirring well.
8. Add cubed ham and finely grated carrots.
9. Serve, garnished with bacon, cheese and sour cream.
Makes 6-7 servings.
Until next time…