…actually, this was on Tuesday’s dinner plate. It’s been a crazy week…
This dish was delicious and was a hit with the hubs and the kid!
Creamy Broccoli and Chicken Casserole
2 large cans White Chicken meat
1 medium red pepper
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of broccoli soup
1 carton (8 oz.) sour cream
1 tsp dry mustard
dash of black pepper
3/4 of a 16 oz. package frozen chopped broccoli
10 ounces pasta noodles (any kind)
1/2 cup croutons, crushed finely
2 tbsp butter, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
3. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
4. Boil and drain frozen broccoli according to package directions.
5. Chop up red pepper and saute, with a small amount of vegetable oil, in a skillet over medium heat until tender.
6. Put chicken in a large bowl, add cooked red peppers. Stir in soup, sour cream, mustard and black pepper.
7. Gently stir in cooked noodles and broccoli.
8. Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish.
9. Crush croutons in a ziploc baggie. In a small bowl, combine crushed croutons and melted butter. Sprinkle over chicken mixture.
10. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 25 minutes until heated through.
Until next time…