Easy Cheeseburger Pie
(My half eaten piece of it anyway… I took a picture before I dug in, but it turned out blurry. BOO!)
Just like the name says, this is a super easy dish and the family really enjoyed it.
Here’s the recipe…
1 pound lean (80%) ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick mix (could use Gluten free mix)
1 cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
3. In skillet, brown beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is thoroughly cooked; drain.
4. Stir in salt and pepper.
5. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
6. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with a whisk or fork until blended.
7. Pour into pie plate over meat mixture.
Rob had a good idea for this dish… substitute sausage for the beef and you have a wonderful, easy breakfast casserole! We’ll have to try that next time… I love “breakfast for dinner”!
Until next time…