Easy Cheeseburger Pie
(My half eaten piece of it anyway… I took a picture before I dug in, but it turned out blurry. BOO!)
Just like the name says, this is a super easy dish and the family really enjoyed it.
Here’s the recipe…
1 pound lean (80%) ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pinch of pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Bisquick mix (could use Gluten free mix)
1 cup milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
3. In skillet, brown beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is thoroughly cooked; drain.
4. Stir in salt and pepper.
5. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.
6. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with a whisk or fork until blended.
7. Pour into pie plate over meat mixture.
8. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Slice and enjoy!
Rob had a good idea for this dish… substitute sausage for the beef and you have a wonderful, easy breakfast casserole! We’ll have to try that next time… I love “breakfast for dinner”!
Until next time…