Here’s the recipe…
This is a family favorite and I make it often. It’s quick and easy and the kid likes it… what more could you want in a dish?
1 small onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 small can diced green chilies
8 oz. cream cheese
2 large cans of diced chicken (if you’ve never tried this product, you must NOW! It’s fantastic!)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
10 flour tortillas
1 package shredded mozzarella
1. In large skillet, saute onion and pepper in butter.
2. Add green chilies.
3. Melt cream cheese in mixture.
4. Add chicken.
5. In separate bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk. Pour this into the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ pan.
6. Spoon some chicken mixture onto each tortilla, roll up and line in the pan.
7. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
8. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, lightly covered with tin foil, and an additional 5-10 minutes uncovered.
9. Garnish with your favorite enchilada toppings… we used fresh Pico de Gallo and Plain Non-Fat Oikos Greek Yogurt (instead of sour cream).
Until next time…