…my very, very favorite dish…
(I’m pretty sure I’ve featured this entree on here before… if not, here it is again!)
I was going to post a link to the recipe, but it has been deleted and the original source is unknown (sorry!)… thankfully, I had copied it down a long time ago. Here it is…
5 cups canned chicken
1 cup sour cream
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 rolls of crackers)
1/2 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large bowl, combine sour cream and cream of chicken soup until well mixed, add chicken.
3. Spread chicken mixture in the bottom of a 9×13-inch casserole dish.
4. In medium sized bowl, crush Ritz crackers and stir in melted butter.
5. Sprinkle crackers over top of chicken mixture.
6. Top with Poppy Seeds
7. Bake for 30 minutes until the top of the casserole is brown and the sauce is bubbly.
8. Serve plain or over rice.
This is so quick and easy to throw together. When Connor saw what I was making, he actually cheered!
I did make one substitution, I used Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream. This is the first time I’ve ever cooked with yogurt. I actually like it better than the sour cream! Try it and let me know what you think.
Until next time…