I’m so honored! I have been nominated for a blogger award! My new friend Tiffany over at Stuck on a Cloud was kind enough to suggest me for this amazing honor!
For those of you who do not know what the Liebster Award is all about. It is an award that is given to bloggers with less than 500 followers to give them a little boost in followers and blogging confidence. What a great award to hand out to new bloggers. Thank you so much Tiffany!
To accept the award, a blogger must:
- Make a post about the award, thanking the blogger that nominated you.
- State 11 interesting facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger that nominated you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with 500 or less followers
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 interesting facts about myself…
1. I was born and raised on a dairy farm in Arkansas. My parents still live in the house they built when they got married way back in 1969. I love going home to visit and sleeping in the same room, on the same bed frame that I have always slept in!
2. I showed calves in the county fair for nearly 10 years! My sister also showed and she always beat me for the showmanship awards!
3. If you call my parents’ landline and get their answering machine, you’ll hear my 16 year old voice tell you that we can’t take your call! I sound totally different than I do now!
4. I lettered in tennis two years in Junior High, but had to quit before high school due to health issues.
4. The very first car my parents “gave” me was the same car they purchased when I was in 2nd grade. It was a Plymouth Reliant… I drove it until it literally fell apart.
5. I was born with supra valvular aortic stenosis, which in layman terms means… a narrowing above my aortic valve. I was asymptomatic until my junior year in college. I had open heart surgery to correct the problem on my 21st birthday in 1996. What a way to celebrate your 21st, huh?
6. I graduated from a small liberal arts college in southwest Arkansas with a degree in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism.
7. I worked for 3 years for the ABC affiliate in Little Rock, 3 years at the NBC affiliate and nearly 3 years for a local radio/cable TV station in my hometown.
8. I produced an Emmy award winning local morning news show for 2 years.
9. My husband and I started dating in June 2005 and I started working with him at the local radio/cable TV station 3 months later. We worked together for many, many months before anyone realized we were seeing each other!
10. I’m currently suffering from the largest hiatal hernia my doctor has ever seen!
11. I’m heavily addicted to these…
My questions from Tiffany from Stuck on a Cloud…
1. What is your favorite Movie/TV show/Band/Book?
My favorite movie is “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” with Audrey Hepburn. I’ve been an Audrey Hepburn fan forever and I love all her movies, but “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” is by far my favorite! My favorite TV show is “Blacklist”. My son and I don’t miss it…we rearrange our schedules to be sure we’re ready to watch together when it comes on. I have several favorite bands/musical groups, from Point of Grace to Skillet or Plumb…all Christian groups. Right now, I’m reading “Sycamore Row” by John Grisham and it is great, but I have to admit, the “Anne of Green Gables” series is AMAZING!
2. If you could choose a year to have been born, what year and why?
This is a tough question! I don’t know that I would do anything differently. God gave me the birth date I have for a reason and a purpose… I’m still trying to figure that out.
3. The thing that makes you the happiest.
Spending time outdoors with my family. We are big adventurers and love to find new places to explore together.
4. The thing you wish other people would get about you.
I can be pretty quiet when you first get to know me and more times than I can count, it comes off snobbish. I was very shy earlier in life… I’m not so much now, but can be very quiet until I’m comfortable with someone.
5. Your idea of a perfect day.
(same as #3) Hiking in the middle of the woods with my family.
6. East Coast or West Coast?
Neither 🙂 I’m a southern girl through and through! Although I love a good beach!
7. The most valuable lesson you learned in life.
Don’t take your time on earth for granted…you never know when God will call you home.. see more HERE.
8. Over the past week, you made someone smile when…
I reminded my 14 year old that he was spending the weekend at Great Wolf Lodge!
9. Who would you like to be stuck in an elevator with?
My husband… it’s true. He calms me and can make me laugh with just a look!
10. What do you like to do in your free time?
I spend time with my wonderful family, blog, take pictures, make jewelry and play with my bull terriers.
11. Who inspires you?
My husband every day… he is such an amazing Christian man who is so confident in his walk with Christ. I learn something new from him every minute!
Quetions for my nominees…
1. What is your favorite passage in the Bible and why?
2. Why do you blog?
3. What is the most exciting thing you have ever done?
4. What is your most embarrassing moment?
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What is your favorite song and why?
7. If you could eat at only one restaurant for the rest of your life, what would it be?
8. What are you most fearful of?
9. If you were given a million dollars, what would you do with it?
10. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11. When you pass on, what do you want people to remember you for?
1. Holly @ Ponytail Princess’s Blog
2. Martha @ Martha Fouts
3. Brooks @ Girl Brooks
4. Hannah @ Sundry Mumsy
5. Kerri @ Drink, Sleep & Be Kerri
6. Brittany @ The Motivate Mom
7. Kim @ Y’all Settle Down
8. Brianne @ My Life As…
9. Krista @ Welcome to Married Life
10. Lana @ Two Teens and Their Mama
11. Jess @ Objessions
Again, thanks so much to Tiffany at Stuck in the Clouds for the nomination! Check out her page and those of all my nominees… such great girls and fascinating bloggers!
Until next time…