We don’t eat pork chops very often…in fact, we don’t eat pork in general very often, unless its bacon or ham sandwich meat. But, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I figured we’d give it a try.
Wicked Good and Easy Pork Chops
from A Pinch of Joy
4 pork chops, about a half inch thick
2 tablespoons honey mustard
½ to ¾ cup Italian bread crumbs (I thought I had Italian bread crumbs on hand, turns out, I had the plain version…I used them anyway)
Salt and pepper to taste (totally forgot to use these)
1. Pour oil in large skillet to just cover bottom, preheat.
2. Squirt a teaspoon of mustard on each chop, spread to cover and put mustard side down in a plate with the bread crumbs. Squirt and spread mustard on other side of the chop, turn to cover with bread crumbs.
3. Place coated chop in preheated skillet.
4. Repeat for remaining chops.
5. Cook tightly covered for 5-8 minutes on low to medium heat until golden brown.
6. Turn chops and cook for another 5-8 minutes until golden brown.
7. Serve with a couple side veggies and enjoy!
What’s the verdict from the husband and picky teenager? They say the Honey Mustard is a very subtle taste and they like it. I really liked it, too, but will probably use the Italian Bread Crumbs next time. Overall, it’s a great, inexpensive, super easy dish that will be added to our rotation! Oh, and it’s “Wicked Good”, too! WooHoo!
For this recipe and more delicious ones like it, click HERE. Next week, I’m going to try a new Italian dish…I can’t wait! I love me some pasta!
Until next time…