I made THIS Tortellini Soup a couple weeks ago and The Hubs raved about how delicious the pasta was all by itself. So, that sent me on a Pinterest search for other recipes with tortellini. Thus, tonight’s meal…
Creamy Spinach Tortellini from Budget Savvy Diva
(Now, I’m not supposed to have vegetables, including spinach, unless they are cooked and very soft. So, I felt I could eat this as part of my liquid/soft foods diet that officially ends in 21 days)
8 oz. light cream cheese, room temperature
½ tsp Garlic Powder
½ tsp Black Pepper
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
9 oz. bag of cheese tortellini
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a large skillet, combine cream cheese, garlic powder and pepper over medium heat until the cheese is soft, about 3 minutes.
3. Add spinach and stir well until sauce is completely combined. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer.
4. Drain pasta in a colander and drizzle a little olive oil over the top.
5. Add drained pasta to cream cheese mixture and gentle fold to coat with the sauce.
6. Serve and enjoy!
This took absolutely no time to make! Super quick, easy and delicious! Just the way I like my recipes. The Pinterest Pinner I snagged the recipe from says “…Tastes like a spinach dip mixed with pasta. Dream come true!” I almost agree… the only thing I would do differently is add another container of cream cheese. It wasn’t quite creamy enough for me. This recipe makes enough to feed 4, so we have some leftovers to eat on for the next few days.
Click HERE for the original recipe and while you’re there, check out Sara’s other meals as well as her great tips on saving money!
What was on your dinner plate tonight?
Until next time…