As promised, I came back with two of The Kid’s favorite recipes from my mother. Tonight I made “Jane’s Chip Casserole”…
1 pound ground chuck (browned and drained)
1 can cream of chicken soup
Shredded cheese (I used Cheddar)
1. Brown the ground chuck and drain off the grease/fat.
2. Add the cream of chicken soup, a handful of cheese and some salsa.
3. Stir and let simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
4. Crush some chips to line the bottom of a greased 9×9 casserole dish.
5. Pour the meat mixture over the chips.
6. Add more crushed chips to the top.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 – 45 minutes until the chips are lightly toasted.
This is definitely teenager approved! I know, I forgot the broccoli! Oops!
Until next time…