I’ve decided that I really love cheese tortellini…I mean really, REALLY love cheese tortellini! I haven’t made it with beef, yet and tonight’s the night!
1 – 9 ounce package of refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (I’m aware there are two packages in the picture, I chose to only use one)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
6 cloves garlic, minced (I’ve never minced cloves of garlic, so I just used Garlic Powder)
1 – 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 – 10 3/4 ounce can condensed tomato soup
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain. Return to pan, cover and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
3. Stir in diced tomatoes, soup and oregano.
4. Gently stir in cooked tortellini and transfer mixture to an ungreased 3-quart baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until heated through.
I wish you could smell things through the internet, because the fragrance coming off this dish is AMAZING! The Hubs and The Kid gobbled this one up! I was planning to freeze some leftovers, but there wasn’t any! So easy and delicious!