I love my Crockpot… if you don’t have one, go right now and buy one! I don’t use it often enough, but I pulled it out this morning to make something I’ve never made before… BBQ Beef Sandwiches!
I know, you’re thinking to yourself, she’s from the south…how has she NEVER made BBQ? Here’s why… I was never a fan growing up. I’m really not sure why. My mom never made it, so I never ate it. In my mother’s defense, she does make it now and it’s wonderful!
I found THIS easy recipe on Pinterest last week. Head over to Stockpiling Moms’ to check it out for yourself.
Here is my attempt at Stockpiling Moms’ Crockpot Barbecue Beef Sandwiches…Ingredients:
2 ¼ pounds Country Style Ribs
1 cup water
2 beef bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons onion salt
1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup ketchup
3 tablespoons yellow mustard
1. Put meat in the crock pot
2. Add water and 2 beef bouillon cubes
3. Cover and cook on low for roughly 10 hours, until beef is very tender
4. Drain out the water mixture and shred meat with a fork
5. In a mixing bowl, combine onion salt, tomato sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce and pour over shredded meat in the crockpot
6. Cover and cook on high for 1 ½ to 2 hours
7. Serve on hamburger buns or sliders.
This was so divine! I ate it on some sliders and they were perfect! I will be making this one again!