I made an easy casserole dish tonight and I actually used frozen chicken instead of canned… Whoop Whoop! Although, I think you could substitute the canned meat just fine. If you do, be sure and drain the juices off thoroughly when opening the can, or your dish could be a little on the soggy side.
Here is what’s “On Tonight’s Plate…”
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (I used 6 Cheese Italian blend by Sargento, it contains mozzarella)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 lb box pasta -cooked (I used Radiatore simply because I thought the pasta was cute… I’m weird like that)
1 1/2 cups Panko or Italian flavored bread crumbs
1. Place chicken breasts in baking dish and sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
3. When done, cut chicken into bite sized pieces and save the broth.
4. In a casserole dish, combine the soups, milk, cheese, cooked chicken and the broth.
5. Then add in the cooked macaroni and mix well.
6. Sprinkle the top with the Italian bread crumbs and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Serve it up with some steamed broccoli…YUM! This makes a lot of food, we should have leftovers for several days!