Actually, I made this Wednesday night… I’ve been too busy to post it. In fact, I’ve been so busy over the last several months to post anything on here. I’ve totally neglected this space… I hope to do better from now on.
In the meantime, here’s a delicious (no leftover) chicken enchilada dish I made the other night with ingredients I had hanging out in my fridge and cabinet. Enjoy!
½ onion, diced
½ red pepper, diced
½ orange/yellow pepper, diced
Butter (I didn’t measure how much I used…just a small pat)
1 can Rotel (drained well)
8 oz. cream cheese
2 large cans cubed chicken (drained well and shredded)
1 can cream of chicken soup
¾ cup milk
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
1. Sautee onions and peppers in some butter
2. Add can Rotel (no juices or the mixture will be too runny)
3. Add cream cheese and stir until melted
4. Add drained and shredded canned chicken and combine until heated fully
5. In a mixing bowl, combine cream of chicken soup and milk and pour into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish
6. Spoon chicken mixture into each tortilla, roll and place seam-side down in baking dish
7. Spread any remaining chicken mixture over the top of filled tortillas
8. Sprinkle top with shredded cheese
9. Cover lightly with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes
10. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes
Trust me…it’s delicious!