Our church is getting ready for its annual Super Bowl Sunday Chili Cook-Off. Although I’m not participating, all the signs around the church remind me that I do, in fact, like chili…without beans, however. So tonight, I made (beanless) chili for my family!
Here’s my recipe for Crock Pot Sweet Chili…
1 onion, diced
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can Rotel
1 can whole kernel corn
2 cans tomato soup
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Cook onions in a skillet over medium heat
2. Add ground beef and brown, don’t drain off fat
3. Transfer meat to your crock pot
4. Stir in Rotel (undrained), corn (undrained), and tomato soup (no water)
5. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours
6. Serve with Fritos, cheese and sour cream
You can add a can of undrained black beans, if you’d like. Even the thought of beans makes me sick to my stomach, so you’ll never see it in any chili I make. Actually, I believe beans are not permitted in any sanctioned chili cook-off contest. They’re considered filler. There’s your trivia for the day!