Yep, it’s a 2 parter!!
I don’t cook pork very often. If we do, it’s the Hubs and he’s frying up some bacon. YUM! I wanted to try something different tonight. I found this wonderful, easy recipe on the internet (unfortunately, I can’t remember where I found it) and thought I’d attempt it.
Ingredients (all purchased at Wal-Mart):
1 small bottle of Ranch Dressing ($2.18 for a 16oz. container)
2 cups Italian Bread Crumbs ($1.78 for a 15oz. container/roughly $0.89 for 2 cups)
1 pkg dry Italian Dressing mix ($1.32 for a 0.7oz. package)
2 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese ($4.08 for a 7oz. container/roughly $0.59 for 2 tbsp)
1 tbsp Garlic Powder ($2.50 for a 3.12oz. container/roughly $0.40 for 1 tbsp)
6 Pork Chops ($7.58)
1. Mix bread crumbs, dry dressing mix, cheese and garlic powder in a large bowl
2. Pour ranch dressing on a dinner plate
3. Take one chop and turn it in the ranch dressing and then carefully place it in the bowl of dry ingredients. Turn to coat all sides
4. Repeat with all the chops
5. Using a roasting pan with a wire rack, place each chop on the rack
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Using the wire rack in a roasting pan keeps the meat from getting soggy. These chops were so crispy and delicious! The Kid has already requested it for next week!
Total cost to make this meal (without sales tax): $12.96
This meal makes 6 servings. Cost per serving: $2.16
I also made these for a side dish…
Watch out! I’m getting all gourmet on you!! You’ll have to wait until tomorrow for that recipe… I know the suspense is going to be nearly unbearable!