It’s breakfast for dinner!!
I made this a couple weeks ago and the family ate it right up! It’s so easy and quick…plus, who doesn’t love an omelet in the evening?
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
Baby Spinach, chopped
Green Pepper, chopped
Red Pepper, chopped
Shredded Cheese of your choice
1. Whisk together eggs, milk and flour until smooth
2. Line baking sheet with parchment paper (waxed paper will not work)
3. Carefully pour egg mixture onto parchment paper spreading it out across the pan
4. Sprinkle on vegetables, meat and cheese
(Doesn’t that look so delicious?!)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 – 18 minutes, or until the edges are set
6. Slice into squares and serve
Here is what remains from tonight’s meal…
We’ve never had leftovers, but I’m sure it would not reheat well.
You can make this so many different ways with different meats and vegetables. The Kid loves bacon, which would be absolutely delicious in this omelet…but, I hate the very act of frying bacon!
This dish would also be fun to get the kids involved in the kitchen. You could use cookie cutters and make fun shapes instead of boring squares. Or you could even divide the egg mixture and, using smaller pans lined with parchment paper, make individual omelets. That way each person can put exactly what they want on it. We may do that next time…I love getting the whole family gathered in our small kitchen to cook together!
Pingback: Friday Favorites… | all because two people Fell in love...