I trust you had an amazing Valentine’s Day?
We did… we had another near perfect weekend here in Oklahoma City. Spent a lot of time outdoors…until yesterday afternoon when a huge cold front came through bringing with it thunder sleet! We woke up to icy roads and miserable conditions…fortunately, school was already out today for a teacher work day, but The Hubs and I still had to venture out to head to work.
I found tonight’s recipe on Pillsbury’s website. It’s simple, quick and super delicious…
1 lb. lean ground beef
Chopped green bell pepper
Chopped red bell pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
16 oz. can taco/enchilada sauce
12 oz. can buttermilk biscuits
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Lightly grease 13×9 inch glass baking dish
3. Pour taco/enchilada sauce into dish to cover bottom
4. Separate dough into 10 biscuits and quarter
5. Place pieces in taco/enchilada sauce and turn to coat
6. Spread coated biscuits evenly in dish, sprinkle with cheeses and bake 15 – 18 minutes (as directed on biscuit packaging)
7. In a large skillet, brown and drain ground beef
8. Add onions, peppers and spices
9. Cook until vegetables are heated through
10. Spread beef mixture over baked biscuits
11. Sprinkle with cheese
12. Bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted
We have just one serving left over from this recipe. The Kid ate nearly half the baking dish!
I’m going to be a little absent from my blog for the next couple weeks…the Little Rock Half Marathon is just 13 days away and I really need to get in some mileage and focus on my training! I hope to stop by here a couple times between now and then…if I don’t, have a great couple weeks and I’ll see you when I get back!