It was just me and The Kid for dinner tonight and I wanted to make something quick, easy and fun! The Kid LOVES Taco Bell…so, I made him our own version of Crunchwrap Supremes!
1 lb. ground beef
¼ cup onion, diced
¼ cup pepper, dicedd (I used red because that’s what I had on hand, but green or even yellow would be great)
Cheese Dip (in a jar)
1. Brown ground beef, draining grease (once grease has cooled, mix with dogs’ food, they’ll be so happy!)
2. Add onions and peppers
3. Place a burrito in a large, cool skillet
4. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cheese dip onto the center and spread around a bit
5. Spoon some ground beef onto cheese dip and spread around
6. Top with a hard tostado
7. Spread sour cream over tostado
8. Sprinkle shredded lettuce (chopped tomatoes if desired) and shredded cheese
9. Bring edges of burrito up around the top of the tostado, folding as you go (if the burrito doesn’t meet in the middle, tear off a piece of another burrito to cover the remaining area)
10. Using a spatula, carefully (& quickly) flip the crunchwrap supreme so that it is folded side down in the skillet
11. Heat skillet to medium, pressing the crunchwrap with the spatula until warm and starting to brown
12. Flip again and brown the flat side
Here’s a tip: remove skillet from the heat before assembling the next one or the burrito will be hot to the touch while you’re trying to fold it. Yes, I learned this the hard way!
The Kid loved this! It’s easy to eat and does taste like Taco Bell’s! Next time, I will add taco seasoning to the meet to give it an extra kick! We only made two of these, but had enough ingredients to make 5 or 6 more.
Until next time...